Yesterday, Annah went with the PoC Pivot Youth to the WinterJam concert in Champaign!
They met at the church at noon, had lunch at Garcia's pizza, did a little bit of shopping at the mall, and totally loved the concert! They got back to the church after midnight. And, I'm incredibly thankful that Jeremy was willing to stay in town after setup for church and pick Annah up! She said she had a blast!!
This morning we had a wonderful service at PoC. Our current sermon series is based on Psalm 91, and we are all going through it every morning and every night. Previously, I've really only heard this psalm at funerals, and now I can figure out why...It holds so many wonderful promises of God's protection for life!
Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
8 Just open your eyes,
and see how the wicked are punished.
9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”
This morning, I happened to be the only female singing for our worship set, and I was working hard! We worshiped with some GREAT songs! This is one of my new favorites:
He Is With Us by Love and the Outcome
I totally enjoyed having this one on repeat this week!
This afternoon, I got to speak to the youth band a little bit about confidence in performing and what it means to really lead worship. They are a really talented group of kids and are doing good things with their music!
I usually do work in the conference room while Annah is at youth group, but the heat is not working in the conference room. So today I stayed in the sanctuary room and watched during game time. Rich has some of the most fun games!
When Annah and I came home from church, Jeremy was installing our new dishwasher! (Our last one only lasted about 18 months! I would not recommend a Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher.) This one is a Whirlpool, and had better last a LOT longer!! How fortunate am I to even have a dishwasher...I know!!








No comments:
Post a Comment