Today is the third snow day the kids have had off school. It doesn't seem too bad out there today, but Jeremy said there were whiteout conditions when he drove to work this morning. So, I do appreciate the school administration making the decision to keep the kids safe. Plus, I love having them home.
I had the girls do a little craft project for me today. I thought they would enjoy it, but I was quite wrong. Sylvia was frustrated by it, but once Annah figured out an easier way, Sylvia didn't mind finishing it up for me. We just used Mod Podge to glue strips of old music onto styrofoam balls. It looks pretty cute in our music room. I really appreciate the girls doing the project for me--especially since it wasn't as fun for them as I'd thought it would be!
While digging through a buffet drawer looking for my old music, I decided it was time to get rid of all my old accompaniment trax tapes. Clearly I haven't used them for at least 15 years, no one else would want to use them, and they've just been taking up space. So, we recycled them. The girls were fascinated by the actual tape when I let each of them pull one apart.
In some ways these tapes make me chuckle, but mostly each one has special memories attached. Some of them are my very favorite songs to perform, some I sang at weddings, all of them brought me closer to Jesus.


No comments:
Post a Comment