Gooooood morning! We are coming to you live from central Illinois this polar vortex 2014 morning. We are now on our 6th canceled school day this month. The novelty of sleeping in, watching movies, and playing video games all day has worn off. I believe we may have reached the point of needing to make up school days in June (We originally would have finished May 22.), but no one has mentioned a calendar revision yet...We know there is more cold and snow to come. I'm pretty sure my brain has frozen too. I no longer know what day of the week it is, since everything is canceled and I don't have a schedule to keep. It's just all running together.
Jeremy says the thermometer on the car said as low as -6 this morning, and hung steadily at -4 most of his trip to work. He said he passed a bank sign that said -8. I saw a neighbor post a photo of his thermometer at -9 here in our village this morning. And windchill is at least in the -20's.
We had lasagna soup last night. It was warm and hit the spot.
I am still grateful for this "extra" together-time with the kids at home. I love having them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment