Wednesday, February 8, 2012

iPhone 4s

I am now an iPhone girl.  My phone's upgrade time came up a couple weeks ago, and we made the switch from Android to Apple.  Since we have an iMac computer and an iPad, it made sense to switch to the iPhone and sync everything up with iCloud.  And, since it was my upgrade time with Verizon, the cost was a fraction of what an iPhone costs regularly.



We decided to go with white, because it's so signature Apple-looking and different from anything else.  For now, I'm just using a bumper (had to add a little red!), but I'm nervous about dropping it and smashing the screen or back since I'm such a klutz.  I may get another cheap rubber case for my own peace of mind, but for now I like seeing the shiny Apple on the back. 


I'm still getting used to everything.  It is very easy, but there are so many amazing things to learn to feel like I'm using these tools and technologies to potential!  
In order to sync all the devices with iCloud, I had to upgrade our iMac operating system to OS X Lion ($30) and then upgrade iPhoto too ($15).  While, I wasn't excited about spending more on those things, they are nice upgrades, and the iCloud syncing is pretty convenient and cool.

My only complaint would be that I have to put the phone on Wi-Fi to sync with the cloud, and I normally wouldn't do that with my phone since it has its own signal.  Not too big of a deal though.

I'm already liking the Instagram app, having an app for Pinterest, and a friend got me playing Family Feud.  I'm trying out Menu Planner, but not liking it too well so far.  If I put the time in to enter my recipes and pantry items it would be great, but I haven't done that yet.  Still using Grocery IQ instead.  Oh, and it is so great to have the Reminder app synced up on both my phone and iPad.  Love that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment