Friday, December 23, 2011

Baking Day

I just love when the kids are home from school for a day!!  They relaxed and played in their rooms all morning, and had fun together.

This afternoon, we made some cookies and candies for Christmastime!

We had to make my favorite holiday cookie--Mexican Wedding Cookies...Mmm!

And, I always have to make my Grandma McEowen's Apricot Coconut Balls.  They are more like a candy, and are my absolute favorite!!!  Sylvia rolled out every one of them today, and did such a great job!

I had made several batches of Easy Lemon Cookies for our Cookies & Carols celebration at church, and Annah made a batch all by herself today.  They use a cake mix, and are quick and easy to make--and so yummy!

We also did No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Drop Cookies, which the kids just love!  They will be the first ones gone, I'm guessing!

And, last, but not least, I had come across a recipe through Pinterest that was new to me...  I had never considered making Peppermint Patties from scratch, because they seemed difficult.  But when I came across this recipe, it looked simple enough and I couldn't wait to try them.  They are delicious, easy, fun to make, and even fancy-looking!  I think they may become a new holiday traditional recipe for me!

I wasn't sure I would even worry about doing any holiday baking at all this year, but the kids were so pleased to be part and so helpful!  It was great fun!  Now we will enjoy sharing our goodies with friends as we gather during the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment