Sunday, October 16, 2011

Den Valance

My awesome mom made this valance for our den.  I wanted something that gave height to the window, since it is shorter than the original one that Jeremy replaced.  So, I found an example of the style I wanted, and she drew up a pattern lickety-split.

We actually went shopping for the fabric together last spring at the awesome Fabric and Friends Quilt Shop in Roanoke, and found some good sales on each of these fabrics.  Mom had the valance made in no time--before we even had the trim back on the window and stained and sealed.  (And Jeremy had to redo the header altogether!  I was very impressed with him.)

I was afraid to hang it on my own, so waited until Mom could be here.  She and Jeremy hung it up late this evening when Mom remembered I wanted her help.

Honestly, it is a lot different than I imagined it.  But, I like it more every time I look at it.  It is so nice!  I need to get a shade or panel or something to put behind it to actually cover the window, but it really dresses up the room.


My mom is awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment