Saturday, October 15, 2011

Caeden's 7th birthday

Our Caeden turned 7 years old today!  We celebrated with a LEGO themed party.  He loved it!  And, it was really fun to see how excited he was when he noticed each little detail...

Here is the kitchen table, all set up for the party...
I found the yellow cups with Krazy Straws at [my new favorite store] Dollar Tree. The kids loved them, and Caeden's friends liked that they got to take theirs home.  
I have zero talent for baking and decorating cakes, but this idea for LEGO brick cakes was so cute it didn't have to be perfect (or anywhere close) for the kids to enjoy it.  (Here is the video I watched to see how to make it.)


I invited 3 of Caeden's friends from school.  I had the card table set up in the front room so they could build with Legos when they arrived.  

Once everyone was here, we played games.  In the first game, each person was given a cupful of Legos.  They had to build a tower with those pieces as fast as they could, and it had to be able to stand on its own.


Then we played Lego Memory card game, which I printed out on cardstock and cut into cards.


As always, Jeremy was most helpful with running the games and coming up with on-the-spot ideas to make them more fun.  The kids seemed to enjoy the many kinds of Lego minifigures on the cards.





Then, it was cake time!


We told Caeden he was supposed to blow out all the candles in one breath, but there were a lot more than 7.  He was pretty glad once he got them all out!





Along with Lego cake, we had some other Lego treats!  
I bought a Lego Ice Bricks Tray and made gummy candies using gelatin. (Recipe here.)  They were a big hit with all of us! 
I used generic Crystal Light to make ice cubes, and the kids got to have as many as they wanted in their cool yellow cups.
Then there were candy Legos I made with Wilton Candy Melts (which I'm pretty sure are just almond bark and food coloring).  I didn't really care for them, but some of the kids really liked them--and they did look super Lego-cool!  


(clockwise from top Left: Lego Cakes, gummy candies, almond candies, ice cubes)

We must have had a few minutes too much of "down time," because Jeremy got attacked!


I'm not sure who started it, but no one was hurt!


Krampa was on his Fall Break, but still had lots of papers to grade while he was here.  He even stayed on task during the party!


Kyle gave Caeden a nice card and a big hug.  What a sweet buddy.


Owen gave Caeden a Star Wars Lego set and received a big hug too.  
These two guys are alike in many ways.


Reece drew a really cool Lego castle card for Caeden!  They always have such fun together!



In fact, all of them have fun together!  What an awesome group of little guys!


They practiced their "fiya-powa" pose...


Caeden received the Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace dvd, and everyone watched that at the end of the party.  It's pretty funny!  
The boys got to take home their treats in little Lego boxes I made from this template.  It was super easy; I just printed it on colored cardstock, cut out, and folded them, but forgot to take a picture of mine.


Once Caeden's friends had all gone home, he got to open his presents.  Boy, he received a lot of really cool gifts!


Lego Creator 3-in-1 set with a semi, a helicopter, and a car
Razor scooter
Lego Star Wars pajamas
Hot Wheels RC, jeans, and from Gram & Krampa
5 Skippyjon Jones books
Phineas & Ferb water toy and an outfit from Uncle Travis, Aunt Erin, and Tessa
winter coat with jacket/lining
Pirate Plank Lego game (which is pretty fun!)
$20 from his sisters to buy a Webkinz
Plus, lots of really nice cards from family and friends




Caeden was pretty surprised and excited when he opened this gift from Uncle Travis, Aunt Erin, and Tessa!



He was equally shocked when he opened the Hot Wheels RC from Gram and Krampa!

Gram wins!


The line of the day, "You're not serious!!!!!!"


Gram and Krampa made the day extra special!

They brought presents for Annah too, since her birthday is coming up in a couple weeks!





We love our Caeden von Chasington Schnickelfritz Poppleton Picklepants Lopshire!


All in all, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment