Tonight, Sylvia changed her earrings completely by herself with no pain or tears. Then she flashed me her big, cheesy grin when I told her, "Good job!"
Tonight, Annah practiced piano and did her theory pages without being reminded because she wanted to have another lesson. I'm so glad she loves music so much; her talent is clearly evident. How awesome that I get to and she wants me to be her teacher.
Sometimes, it's about celebrating the little things.
Tonight, I choose to take note of the successes. ('Cause, Lord knows, I don't want to keep dwelling on what went wrong LAST night!)
Tonight, I looked in on them sleeping, and remembered each of them as babies. How quickly their childhoods are passing! It is bittersweet, painful joy to be a parent!
I want to get it right! I want to teach them to do right, but let them know I don't expect them to be perfect. That is a tough line to discern how and where to draw!
I want them to enjoy being children, but grow to have servants' hearts.
Sometimes, (Okay, probably most of the time.) I feel I yell too much, nag to much, say "no" too much. I try to be conscious of it and intentionally gentle. (I have learned that gentleness is not my natural tendency. I pray for gentleness a lot.) And, I am learning that I need to celebrate the little things, like zucchini and easily changed earrings and theory pages. I'm thankful for affirmations that I do get it right sometimes. And they are going to grow up okay, as long as we all keep depending on Jesus. And I will keep praying for gentleness and celebrating the little things. 'Cause, really, they're not so little.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8
No comments:
Post a Comment