We really had a lot of fun together, carving our 3 pumpkins tonight!
The kids all love to "squish the guts" in their fingers. So their job was to scoop the guts out and separate the seeds so we can roast them later.
Sylvia shared all kinds of pumpkin facts with us while we carved. I think she has been learning about pumpkins this week in science class.
Daddy and Mommy discovered our backs and creaky joints don't take well to sitting on the kitchen floor too long anymore. We must be getting old. At least we can still get down on the floor, for now. Hahaha.
Eeew, SQUISH!
Too many seeds to count...
Family fun on a Tuesday night, yeah! :)
As we carved the pumpkins, Sylvia read this prayer for us:
"Pumpkin Prayer"
{cut off top of pumpkin}
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.
{remove innards}
Remove the things in my life that don’t please you.
Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.
{cut open eyes}
Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me.
{cut out nose}
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the good things you provide.
{cut out mouth}
Let everything I say please You.
{light the candle}
Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do.
Amen!



No comments:
Post a Comment