Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow Caves


The kids had snow days yesterday and the day before, and we've had fun relaxing at home and enjoying being together.  It's so very cold here though, with windchills in the -20's at night!  The kids still like to get outside and play in the snow during the day though, even if not for long.

I thought I was creative when I sent them out on Thursday with a spray bottle of colored water so they could spray the snow purple.  But today Jeremy went outside with the kids, and they found a great drift a few feet behind our garage.  They built tunnels in the side of it! 


I think they thought they'd never seen anything so cool!


I love this smile!  Annah would stay outside for hours if she could, regardless of the weather.  She was lovin' the snow caves!


Sylvia dug a tunnel to connect her cave to Annah's!


Caeden in his snow cave


I'm so thankful Jeremy is a "fun daddy!"  I don't think I'm a very fun mommy, so I think he covers some of my lacking.  The snow caves sure were a blast!






No comments:

Post a Comment