Friday, December 25, 2009

DeHaven Christmas

This evening we celebrated with the DeHaven side of the family (Jeremy's mom's side) at Eric's & Marti's house.

Marti said she was keeping the food simple, but man there sure was a lot of it!  I seriously ate as much as I probably should eat in a whole week.  First there were trays of cheese and crackers, two different kinds of meatballs, trays of cookies, and a tray of fudge.  Oh my!  Then there was ham for dinner, two kinds of amazing scalloped potatoes, garlic couscous, steamed carrots, corn, salad, 3 pies, cheesecake, birthday cake (Wilson is 11!) and probably other things I'm not remembering.  It was all soooo good!

Our nephew and Godson, Simon was playing pirate, using his Wheat Thin cracker for an eye-patch.  Such a cutie!


They have some amazingly beautiful ornaments on their tree!


I'm not sure, but I think these might be some Marti said (at her blog) were made by her grandmother.  I would love to learn how to make these.  They're so gorgeous, I think!


Simon doesn't like to wear pants, apparently, and we are glad he is comfortable around us. ;) One of our kids went through a phase of pantslessness, though I can't remember which it was. 
You may notice Annah and Sylvia on the couch in the background.  That's pretty much where they were most of the evening, they were so exhausted by that time!  Will is the other one on the couch; they were watching Night at the Museum II.


I took a picture of Jeremy and his cousins Seth and Danielle, and they looked at me like I was an annoying photographer.  So, I told them to act like they liked each other for the next picture.  Jeremy decided to plant a big ol' kiss on Seth's cheek.  Definitely a better picture than the first!



After we ate, the girls had brought their violins to play some Christmas songs.  Great Grandma is always asking them about their violin playing, and none of Jeremy's side of the family had ever heard them, so we thought we would oblige.  But, I was the one who grabbed their books, and didn't know that Sylvia's book was not with the rest.  So Annah played several songs on her own, and everyone seemed to enjoy.  Charlie was a great cheerleader, telling her how good she was!


Thank you Eric & Marti for hosting again!  We had such a lovely time with our family!  We love you all!





1 comment:

hider101 said...

Hahahaha! You had me laughing out loud! Simon is a cutie, isn't he? Truth be told, he is still potty training and I think he may have been out of pants by then! ha! You're right, though. He'd rather go without!
Thanks for posting pictures of the "clean" areas of the house! heheehee!
We were very glad to have you all. It was a great time. Eric especially loved having all of his family together again.
Hope you all are feeling better soon!

Post a Comment