This week, we had family VBS at our church! The kids and I had a blast!!!
I was honored to be one of the leaders of the Blue Raspberry Arctic Rush team. We used the KidMo (Johnny Rogers) curriculum, and the theme was the Fruits of the Spirit. I know my kids learned a lot, and even made some spiritual steps, and I hope a lot of others did too!
the leadership team and student leaders leading worship
.jpg)
I was honored to be one of the leaders of the Blue Raspberry Arctic Rush team. We used the KidMo (Johnny Rogers) curriculum, and the theme was the Fruits of the Spirit. I know my kids learned a lot, and even made some spiritual steps, and I hope a lot of others did too!
the leadership team and student leaders leading worship
.jpg)
Caeden really got into cheering our team on!

worship on Friday evening..."I lift high my hands and I worship you!"
.jpg)
One of the best things about the week for me, was watching Caeden learn how we worship God with songs. He really got into the songs, learned the lyrics, and enjoyed the motions.
.jpg)
The kids have been busting into the songs all week at home too.
.jpg)
strikin' our surfing pose for, "Hey God I wanna tell ya that I love ya!"
.jpg)
Of course I forgot my camera on the day that Pastor Todd's game had people eating dehydrated BBQ larvae and dehydrated salt and vinegar crickets! There were some very brave people munching those things down FAST!
One day, people had to "shoot" Kix cereal out of their noses and try to make a basket for points! I almost gagged myself shooting a Q-tip through a straw in that same race! Whew!
On a tastier note, my super talented friend Jesika made these awesome beach cupcakes for snacks! Aren't they the cutest?! I love the brown sugar "sand" and the mint beach ball!
.jpg)
Mr. Jerry led us in some really fun fruity recreational games all week---like banana toss, banana between the knees squishy relay race, strawberries on a spoon relay, watermelon seed spitting...Oh it was fun!
.jpg)
This morning was our VBS closing service in the sanctuary with our whole congregation. It was fun to have all the families and adults who weren't able to attend during the week there participating!
Of course, Pastor Todd had another bug-munching game for us today too. And, both Jeremy and I were "lucky" enough to be chosen to participate! Here's what we had to eat in our race...
Krispy Kreme with crickets! Ooh yum!
.jpg)
This brave little girl ate the bugs for our team both times this week! What a team player! (I love Caeden's look of shock as he watches her eat those bugs!)
.jpg)
We had a super time, and I'm so glad our church was able to have a VBS this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment