This has been a very exciting day! It started very early, as we woke Sylvia at 6:00 a.m. to get ready for her first day of State Farm's Kids' Day Camp. She is not a morning person, but was excited enough that we got her around and out the door by 6:40-ish. Annah got up and ran to the end of the driveway in her jammies to say goodbye to Sylvia and give her a hug. They are really going to miss each other this week, I'm sure!
Then, we started getting Annah ready to go out the door with her bags packed for church camp! I drove her up to Manville, and even made it there just fine--despite my nervousness about driving there and finding it! Pastor Scott greeted us at the camp's entrance, and we soon saw many of the other 5 adults and 16 campers from our church who are there for the week!
After we made our way through the registration line, we started towards Cabin 101!
.jpg)
Then, we started getting Annah ready to go out the door with her bags packed for church camp! I drove her up to Manville, and even made it there just fine--despite my nervousness about driving there and finding it! Pastor Scott greeted us at the camp's entrance, and we soon saw many of the other 5 adults and 16 campers from our church who are there for the week!
After we made our way through the registration line, we started towards Cabin 101!
.jpg)
Counselor "Miss" Sherry was there to greet Annah, as were some of the other campers! Annah seemed only very excited, not nervous or scared at all (at least outwardly!) It probably helps that Brooke & Madeira are in her cabin, and Abby, Emma, and Sasha are right next door.
She picked a top bunk, and climbed right up and started unpacking her things! I made her bed for her, and Caeden kept climing up and crawling in her sleeping bag. He was getting more and more excited about camp, and I knew it was going to get harder and harder to get him out of there. So, I asked Annah if she was ready for me to go. She seemed like she was going to settle in just fine and have a great time. She said, "I don't care. Yeah, you can go." She was very happy to be there and already having fun checking things out with her friends as we left. I am praying she has the best week of her life so far, and grows closer to Jesus!!
So, Caeden was pretty grumpy as we drove back to Bloomington. I decided to take him to QDoba for lunch. He wasn't happy that it wasn't McDonald's, but after he decided to try his food, he said, "We should eat here every day!" Whew...that turned out well!
We went home and eagerly awaited Sylvia's and Daddy's arrival. Forgot to mention...Daddy took her for pancakes at McDonald's before dropping her off at camp, which was a majorly exciting part of the deal! THEN, when he picked her up from camp, he took her to get a chocolate dipped ice cream cone at Dairy Queen! Can we say spoiled?! I think he just wanted some more time with his sweetie girl to make her feel special!
She was soooo tired when they finally got home. She didn't want me to take her picture, but I snuck one. She went right to bed after supper and shower...so sleepy!
We went home and eagerly awaited Sylvia's and Daddy's arrival. Forgot to mention...Daddy took her for pancakes at McDonald's before dropping her off at camp, which was a majorly exciting part of the deal! THEN, when he picked her up from camp, he took her to get a chocolate dipped ice cream cone at Dairy Queen! Can we say spoiled?! I think he just wanted some more time with his sweetie girl to make her feel special!
She was soooo tired when they finally got home. She didn't want me to take her picture, but I snuck one. She went right to bed after supper and shower...so sleepy!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment