Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day


Although the weather and road conditions have been absolutely terrible since (well, actually before) we got here, it makes for perfect sledding! After the amazing Christmas dinner Gram made us, Daddy and the kids headed out to the nearest hill with the sleds!

Sylvia and Caeden have never been sledding before this, and Annah has only been once when she was about two! So, it was super, super fun and special!
It's so slick--completely a sheet of ice--that it's hard to walk and stay upright, let alone climb back up the hill dragging the sled! But it didn't stop them!
2008Dec25Thursday-(193)

Grandpa even came out and played along! He even got on the runner sled and took a go after he pushed the kids a while!
2008Dec25Thursday-(202)

I didn't have much luck on the saucer sled. It was my favorite as a kid, but apparently I'm too big for it now. Still, what a fun activity for Christmas Day!
2008Dec25Thursday-(213)

Annah couldn't wait to bust out her new Easy-Bake Oven. Gram searched every light and lamp in the house until she found the specific type of light bulb it requires. Annah made a little yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
2008Dec25Thursday-(219)

In the afternoon, some of us napped, I scrapbooked a little, some watched new movies,
and we all relaxed!

In the evening, we visited Grandma & Grandpa Lopshire.
Grandma made us some yummy chili, but the kids didn't tell her until after it was made that they don't like chili. So, she let them choose whatever they wanted to eat. They chose cereal--Trix, which they'd never had before, ice cream, and fruit snacks.
They were plenty happy.
2008Dec25Thursday-(220)

Plus, they got to eat their cereal in these cool bowls with straws built right in--another
novelty to them!
2008Dec25Thursday-(223)

1 comment:

Gina said...

First I want to apologize . . . I'm sorry I haven't been over to your blog in FOREVER!!! Everyone looks like the enjoyed Christmas and Sledding . . . even YOU! :) Your concert at church looks like it turned our Wonderfully too! :)

Post a Comment