Friday, April 18, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!

We had an earthquake this morning!! I was deep in sleep at 4:30 a.m. (as everyone should be!), when Jeremy said, "TARYN! The house is shaking!!!" I felt it too! He jumped out of bed, thinking it could be a tornado (highly likely where we live, and we were supposed to be having storms), but there was NO wind or storm or clouds or anything. We guessed it must have been an earthquake. We listened to the weather radio, turned on the local TV news, but didn't hear anything. I went back to bed, and Jeremy went to the gym.
I tried looking it up on a seismic activity website this morning, but it was indicating anything yet. But, I did hear it on the radio on my way home from taking Sylvia to school. Apparently the epicenter was near Salem, IL (in the southern part of the state), and was a 5.4 on the Richter scale! Apparently, it as felt all over Illinois, much of Indiana, and even some parts of Kentucky! Did you feel it where you are? Quite a surprise for midwesterners!!

Oh! Just found an article online about it. It was quite far-reaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment