Saturday, April 5, 2008

Annah's 1st Violin Recital

Annah played in her very first violin recital today! Oh, we were so, so proud of her! Her teacher has about 8 or 10 students in private violin/piano studio, but only 4 were able to be there to play. So, it was a very small, short recital.

Annah played Hunter's Chorus. I was honored to accompany her too! I let her choose if she wanted her teacher or me to play for her, and fully expected her to choose her teacher. It was so fun to practice together all week long at home.

Annah hoped she wouldn't have to play first, and actually played last. She went up there and just played beautifully, like she wasn't nervous at all! She did tell me after that she "was a little bit nervous," and she could tell because the back of her head got tight. (That's what she always says happens when she gets nervous.) But she said it was really fun too.

But we were just incredibly proud of her! Jeremy and I are just amazed when we watch and hear her play.



Annah and her teacher, Mrs. Skinner

I should mention that, we witnessed a miracle at the recital! Caeden sat still and listened, and clapped for the girls when they were done playing!!! At the end of the recital he said, "I was good!"
Caeden looooooooves Mrs. Skinner, and when he saw her move to sit down near her husband after playing for one of the students, he said, "Sit by me!" and was very excited that she did. He loves to give her hugs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment