Monday, April 23, 2007

"13 Conversations" Circle Journal

Recently I started up a wonderful circle journal called 13 Conversations with some incredibly talented ladies at www.scrapbook.com. And, WOW are they talented! I'm about the only one in the group who doesn't scrap for a design team or compete in contests; they are some seriously fabulous scrappers--as well as just all-around super ladies! I'm so honored they all agreed to join the group! We're having a wonderful time with it.

Now, if you'd like a little explanation, a circle journal is a scrapbook that you send in a "circle" around the country and each person who receives it adds to it. You choose a topic/theme to create your scrapbook around, and each person's addition to it is from their perspective. For this CJ, I chose the theme 'Motherhood'. We're allowing a month for each person to have each particular book, so it will take a little over a year before we complete the circle and receive our books back filled with the creativity and conversations of all 13 women!

Below is the beginnings of my book. Most of us decided to alter/decorate our albums. I bought a Mickey Mouse album that was out of it's protective packaging and had been banged up a little. I covered it with Basic Grey Urban Couture papers and various embellishments, and you'd never know it was a Mickey Mouse album.

This is the front cover.

The quote on the vellum strip on the left reads, "Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."















This is the inside of the front cover. I used various pieces of papers, stamps, distressed with inks, and acrylic paint mixed with ModPodge to collage them together.

I also used Elegant Flourish acrylic stamps (I sell these through MemoryWorks!) by Rhonna Farrer for Autumn Leaves throughout the book. They are my favorites!!






This is the Welcome Page, which explains to the participants what I'd like them to do in my book.

























These are the Sign-In pages. Under each letter is a mini-accordian album for each lady to complete and tell a bit about herself, include a photo, etcetera. The idea is for each person to be introduced a little bit here.





I am participating in another circle journal as well, which is just about finished. I should have it back within a month and get to see all that those ladies added to my book about My Favorite Things. I just love the way these journals connect people who share a love of creative scrapbooking--and life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment