Sunday, October 29, 2006

Today it's about 60-some degrees here, so Jeremy is replacing our upstairs bathroom window. I have taken pictures of the construction process, but can't seem to resize the images to clearly show how the new siding looks. He is feeling like all these projects will take forever, but I am really impressed with how much he gets done in the little time he does have to work on it all. He has covered the whole bottom portion of the back side of the house with siding, installed a new backdoor and a nice new outdoor light by the backdoor (which I LOVE!), replaced the window at the bottom of the stairway, and has removed a lot of the lath boards and insulation from the den wall and started to put in new insulation. It's really many projects; not just one. I am overwhelmed just thinking about it all, but so proud of the great job Jeremy is doing!

------------------------
Jeremy installed the new window in our upstairs bathroom today. It looks great!!! I love how the new window is a bit smaller and doesn't go down as low--especially nice since it is in the bathroom! 
 
Jeremy is doing a great job working on the house, and seems to be doing it safely too. But being of the McEowen blood that I am, I still worry about him when he's up on the ladder or roof or using a saw or doing anything remotely dangerous. Tonight, I had to take Annah to her musical practice at church and took the other kids with me too, since obviously Jeremy can't watch them while he's installing a window. I called him a few times to see if he'd finished and was inside--and also to make sure he hadn't fallen off the roof. He didn't answer, but I didn't expect him to since he was working. So, I arrived home and he saw the car lights coming up the driveway. He decided to lie down on the deck with his legs out all funky and his eyes closed so I'd think he had fallen off the roof! It worked for a few seconds and made my stomach jump into my throat! The turkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment