Sundays are fulfilling, tiring days for our family. Here's what one is typically like:
- 5:30 - 6:00 a.m. - My alarm goes off, and I finally get up and get myself ready
- 7:00 a.m. - I get my music together and practice a little, which usually wakes the kids up. One of us forces Jeremy out of bed so he can get ready.
- 7:30 - I start panicking that we will be late and nagging at Jeremy to hurry up.
- 7:40 - We throw ourselves into the car and speed off to church.
- 8:00 - I go to rehearsal for the first service. Jeremy and kids may run through McDonald's or Krispy Kreme drive-through and come back to church. J watches kids, feeds them their cereal and milk, maybe dresses one or more of them too--depending on how late they slept.
- 9:00 - First service starts. Caeden goes to the nursery. Sylvia goes to preschool class. Annah goes to the pre-K class. Jeremy usually has to leave the service after the worship set to get things set up for elementary kids' church program during second service. I don't think he's heard a sermon in months.
- 10:00-ish - First service ends. I usually have practice again for second service, so we scramble to figure out who can watch the kids. Sometimes the girls come with me and sit in the front row of the sanctuary to watch the practice. Most of the time, Jeremy wrangles with all the kids plus some extra ones. Once in a while, if I'm not playing/singing for second service, I am able to help w/ the kids.
10:45 - Second service starts. Caeden goes to the nursery. Sylvia goes to preschool class. Annah goes with Jeremy to kids' service. Jeremy is currently one of the leaders for the elementary kids' program. This summer they are doing a church camp theme. They run about 50+ kids and maybe 8 adult leaders. Usually I am playing piano/keyboard/organ or singing, but today I was in the nursery for a bit and the preschool class for a bit.
- noon-ish - Second service wraps up, and we try to pick up our kids from their classes as quickly as we can. We usually make it to the car with all 5 of us between 12:30 and 1:00. Today it was 1:00.
- 1:00 - We either run through a drive-through and pick up food or head home. Today, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up milk, TP, and other stuff we were almost out of.
- 1:30 p.m. - We get home. Today it was 2:00. I started making lunch, and we ate at about 2:30.
- 3:00 p.m. - Naptime for everyone!!!
- 5:00 - Jeremy tries to rouse me from my half-coma state.
- 6:00 - We scrounge up something to eat. I rarely make dinner on Sunday nights. Usually we have popcorn and watch a movie. Tonight we had pancakes because we did popcorn and a movie last night.
- 7:30 or 8:00 - We start getting the kids ready for bed...brush teeth, go potty/change diaper, get "ni-night waters," march upstairs, put on jammies, read a book or story, say prayers (The girls like to do the "squeeze hand prayer" where we each say part and pass turns around by squeezing hands.), tuck in, hugs and kisses, lights out.
- 9:00 p.m. - One of us has to go upstairs to tell the girls to settle down and go to sleep...
That's how our Sunday's usually go...
No comments:
Post a Comment