Yesterday with the kids started out pretty trying for me... During breakfast, Caeden decided to spill his and Sylvia's bowls of cereal all over the table and floor and play in the mess. Then Annah dumped half a big container of cut-up watermelon all over the kitchen floor. It became apparent that I was not getting out of mopping the kitchen floor in the 90-some degree heat!
After lunch, we had to make a quick run to the library to return some books. I only intended to drop off the books and come right back home, so I took Caeden in just a diaper since it was so unbearably hot. (Plus, the air conditioner is out in our car.) Well, just across the street from the library is a company we are talking with about siding and replacement windows, so I decided I should just go ahead and stop in to look at siding color samples since I was already there. Of course, I can't leave the kids sitting in the car, so I took them in with me. Caeden started screaming because I wouldn't put him down on the floor in all his practically nakedness, so I finally did put him down. As I was trying to talk to the man who was showing me the samples, the kids started chasing each other in a circle around the store, laughing and screaming! Oh my goodness, I was so upset with them! I apologized to the nice man, grabbed the kids and strapped them in the car, told them not to talk, and no one uttered a word all the way home.
Last evening, I got to go out to dinner with girlfriends. Then we went shopping and I found some great bargains at Gordman's ($6 pairs of jeans!!!), and then we picked up snacks at Wally World and went to a hotel (one of the girls had won a free night's stay!) and watched chick flicks, gabbed, and painted our nails until 1:30 a.m. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! Now that was a much-needed sweet release and SUCH a blessing!!! And, Jeremy and the kids got to have some quality time too. He took them to Pizza Hut and Target and they watched the Wiggles too.
Jeremy is working on the den. He is kind of working on the inside and the outside at the same time. We're going to have to start putting up vinyl siding too help keep the water out, so we're trying to choose colors. We wanted a creamy light goldish yellow, but can't seem to find the shade we want anywhere. So, now we are thinking maybe a shade of green?
No comments:
Post a Comment