I am feeling like our house is in mass chaos. It is such a huge mess! Seriously, if you walked in right now, you would probably think it had been ransacked; it is so bad. I can't stand it!! I don't even know where to start! Maybe by hiring a cleaning service?! Just kidding... I'll get to it this week. Although it's so bad I know I can't get it all cleaned in one week! How sad. ;)
We had a garage sale yesterday, and I spent every waking moment of last week preparing for it. I never realized how much work it takes to get ready for a garage sale! Holy cow! I was planning to have one at the end of June, and then found out 2 weeks ago that the town-wide garage sales would actually be this weekend. So, it was a mad rush to get ready. Then we had rainy, extremely windy, very cold (for May) weather, so not many people came. We didn't sell much, except a few big items, so it was definitely not worth all the work and mess getting ready for it. But, I learned from it. I will never have another garage sale in May. Maybe in June, when there's almost always nicer weather. Ugh, I am so tired! And, now I have to bring everything back inside with the rest of the mess and put it all away!
As I was starting to pack things up yesterday, a man came along and decided to buy a garage door we had. Jeremy was helping him load it into his trailer, and a big gust of wind blew it out of his hand, and he sliced a finger open to the bone on the door. He had to get 3 stitches, but thank the Lord he didn't cut any nerves, tendons, or muscles!
Friday was our 5-year wedding anniversary! Jeremy was in Michigan for work Thursday all day, and got back in the evening on Friday. He helped do some preparation for the garage sale, and then the two of us got to go on a quick last-minute date. We went to McDonald's, Dairy Queen, and ALCO...the same places we always go when the kids are with us. It was kind of silly, but it was nice to get away for a couple hours by ourselves. It was the first time we have since having 3 kids. The opportunities are so rare; we really need to make them more often. But, I am grateful for every moment we have together, and I am so thankful to have Jeremy for my husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment