Annah asked me this morning if we could go on a walk to the playground. I really needed to do some serious cleaning and things around the house, but I could tell that it was much more important for me to take this moment with my children and make it count. They don't care that the house is such a mess I can't stand it; they want to get outside and have some fun! And, I need to remember more often not to deprive them of those important times! So, we walked to the playground and played. I realize some people might not think it is a big deal, but I truly treasure these "daily days" that seem so normal. The girls had a really fun time, and they were so tired they could barely finish the walk home!
Now, I realize that it is not normal for most people to take 30 pictures during 45 minutes at the playground, but it is normal for me. I want to remember these precious days of when my children are small! I pray often that I will remember after they are grown what they looked like when I held them and snuggled them. I will admit I do go a bit overboard with the picture taking, but it's in my blood. I was raised in a photo-taking family! I remember being a bit annoyed at my parents (Dad more so than Mom, I think) for taking pictures sometimes when I just wanted to be having fun. And, I remember being really annoyed when I had to take pictures for
4-H, and I just wanted to watch the fireworks with my eyes and not through a lens. But, now I am so thankful that my parents have pictures of me when I was little that I can show my kids. And, I am thankful that I know how to take pictures to help me preserve the wonderful memories of my own family!
The weather could not be more perfect than it is today!
Sylvie was so excited to get to play at what she called, "My playground!!" at the village Community Center.
Sylvia is in love with swings now, after spending a LOT of time on Gram's and Krampa's over the weekend.
Caeden played patiently in his stroller while the girls explored the playground. He even fell asleep on the walk back home.
I have always been petrified to let Annah go near this ladder, but she is big enough now that she just went up it herself and said, "Mom! We have one of these at school!" I wasn't even scared to watch her, because it wasn't scary to her; it was fun! It was just another moment that made me realize how quickly she is growing up.
They honestly were holding hands all by themselves.
I know I am sometimes guilty of posing pictures, but these are not!
No comments:
Post a Comment