Thursday, September 23, 2004

Urologist

I went to the urologist today. I asked him how long after the baby being born he plans to do the lithotripsy, and his answer surprised me. He said I will need to recover before having the lithotripsy, so he will see me a few weeks after the baby is born. So, I'm not even scheduled to see him again until November! I was thinking I would have the kidney stones removed while still in the hospital with the baby. So, even though I can see how it will be good for me to have some recovery time, I am somewhat disappointed that I am going to be dealing with these kidney stones into November or after! Argh. I also asked if the stones are going to be broken up small enough that it won't be too painful, or if it will be like passing a whole bunch of kidney stones. He said the goal is to break them up as small as sand, so that the discomfort is minimal. But, since the stone in my left kidney is so large, there is some concern as to how small it will be able to be broken up. Not what I wanted to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment