For years, I've been pondering some sings and sayings I wanted hanging in the kitchen. And, for a little over a year I've been pondering what to hang on this big empty wall in our kitchen. This summer, I completed some decoupaged canvases and bought this chalkboard and put together these items. Today, while I was at school, Sylvia hung them all up for me!

I always forget the subtleties of cooking eggs, so I created this chart to have where I can easily see it and not have to look it up on the internet!
Mom's carrot cake recipe in her handwriting
Another chart of things I didn't want to have to look up
And this quote is the thing that started it all. I've wanted it posted for so long, but didn't want to pay a lot to have a heavy custom sign made that I would never hang on our plaster walls. After making all the white canvases, I decided I needed a contrast and thought the chalkboard would be nice because I can also change what's on it if I want to. And it's nice and light and all these things are hung with command strips.
This picture of the kids has been on our fridge in a plastic magnet frame for a long time, just something I made playing around with photo effects.







No comments:
Post a Comment