Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Snowstorm

Such a big snowstorm was predicted that yesterday morning Ridgeview announced that today and tomorrow would be e-learning days and all school facilities would be closed. We are getting the snow, but it's kind of odd how predicted and planned out it is these days. There's no half-waking-up and listening to the radio cancellation list hoping to hear your school's name. There's no surprise of getting a day off school; kids still have to do school online. It's kind of a bummer.

This was the view out my bedroom window at 9am.

 Out the front of the music room window this morning

I'd say it was about 6" deep this morning,
but it's always hard to tell because we always get a lot of wind and drifting.


Lots of reports of roads being closed and accidents involving those who felt they needed to travel.

I haven't seen any plows go by at all today and didn't want my students risking their lives to get to piano lessons!


We chatted on SnapChat with Annah today. She and her apartment roommates are getting to know their new kitty and helping him get used to their apartment.

I'm so thankful we are all warm and cozy inside and the power is staying on!!!

Probably 7-8" by this afternoon

Today is the first day this calendar year that I have really not felt sick. I can even faintly smell this lovely candle that Sylvia got me for Christmas!

Of course I am crocheting today, working on a tunisian brick stitch stained glass cowl.

Jeremy has been working from home for months during wrestling season and the Omicron wave of Covid, but he probably worked about 14 hours today. No "snow day" off for him.

I made 2 big pans of 3-cheese and spinach stuffed shells tonight.

Caeden ended up not having any actual zoom classes today and was able to do all his assignments while still in bed this morning. He and Jeremy played a little bit of Fortnite this evening.


Caeden and I have been watching Psych on Amazon Prime and Jeremy catches some episodes in there with us too. So we watched a few after supper tonight. Sylvia FaceTimed Caeden and said she and her friends had trudged through the snow across campus to get lunch today and one of them had brought a big snowball back in his pocket so there was a bit of an indoor snowball fight in their hallway.

No one even stuck a toe outside here today, but I imagine we will have to tomorrow even though it is still supposed to snow several more inches during the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment