Midnight Blues, warming up on microphones for the first time before the concert this evening. This was the first concert with this group for 5 of the 12 members--including Caeden, Briley, Avry, Chase, and Cameron. They are sounding great!
The ladies, rehearsing their number.
Sylvia loves this ensemble so much! She just found last week that she was selected to perform in the ALL-STATE vocal jazz ensemble in January, and she is SO excited!!!
Concert Choir began the concert with Noel. You can't see them at the beginning, but the duet/echo you hear is Kyle singing tenor and Caeden singing bass.
I only had one song to accompany for this group on this concert, as most of their songs were acapella. But, Ma Bella Bimba was a fun one!
Midnight Blues!!!
The ladies...
Sylvia has a solo in Lately.
Here is a video playlist of most all of the songs and ensembles in the concert.
Some other notable moments tucked in here, are:
Concert Choir started a new tradition of singing The First Noel with senior soloists.
Concert Band started their portion of the concert with Sleigh Ride instead of ending with it. They played one of my favorites, Nettleton, and ended with a fun medley of songs from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. (I must say the horn section is probably the best section in the band right now!) And as always, it's fun to watch Caeden move from one percussion instrument to another!
I have such a hard time getting photos of my kids after concerts, even if I run up to them immediately as it ends! Caeden started putting away percussion instruments right away, and I didn't get a photo of him and Sylvia. But, I was fortunate to get one of these 2 lovely horn-playing friends! Such sweet friends and wonderful musicians!
No comments:
Post a Comment