Friday, June 15, 2018

Music Lessons at Home

I've been doing piano and voice lessons with all 3 kids this summer, and we've actually stayed committed to it for a whole month!

Here is Annah during a voice lesson.  We were discussing her posture.

We discuss Sylvia's posture at lessons too...


VIDEO:
Caeden recorded Sylvia and I playing Over the Rainbow yesterday during her lesson.


Recently, Caeden has been sitting down at the piano just plunking stuff out.  I asked him a couple months ago if he'd like to actually take some piano lessons and he said that he'd been thinking about that and did want to!  Today was our second lesson.  

I started him in the Faber Accelerated Piano Adventures for Older Beginners series, and he is whizzing right through the books.   

VIDEO: We enjoyed playing this duet today!

It is always fun for me to do lessons with the kids, but has also always been a struggle between giving them lessons that they want and forcing them to practice.  They are all at the point now where they enjoy it and have assured me they want to do it.  They are all pretty knowledgeable about music and all play and sing expressively.  It's a joy and blessing for me to get to teach and make music with my own kiddos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment