Wednesday, February 1, 2017

That Gumby Kid

We've recognized for years that Caeden is kind of freakishly flexible. 

Now wrestling coaches and referees are noticing his flexibility regularly. Multiple times recently he has had referees stop matches to ask if he was okay because his opponents were putting illegal moves on him that should have made him howl or at least wince. Sometimes he does notice that he is in a potentially dangerous move, but he is fortunate that parts of his body don't mind being stretched and moved beyond where they probably should.

One of Caeden's coaches told Jeremy that at a wrestling meet recently, a referee pulled him aside and asked "Who is That Gumby Kid?!?" All the coaches were standing there and burst out laughing, knowing he was talking about Caeden!


I remember when I was in elementary through high school and we had to take flexibility tests, I was always the most flexible one in my class.  Jeremy had ridiculous flexibility as well, even through college--when the picture here on the left was taken.  So, we know where Caeden gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment