This afternoon and evening were very exciting! As soon as the kids got off the bus, we took off for ISU. Sylvia had a cello audition for Sinfonia (the top group of String Project) at 4:30. She was so nervous she couldn't get to sleep last night--until her daddy let her climb in bed with us. He called her when we were on our way to town today too.
When we got to Cook Hall, I prayed with Sylvia and went in with her to wait for her audition. We were a few minutes early, so she went in to the audition early. Jeremy arrived while she was in the room, and I went out to the car (to make sure I didn't get a parking ticket).
Sylvia didn't feel like she did very well in her audition, but she was super happy to see her daddy on the other side of the door when she finished!
Jeremy took Caeden home, and the girls and I had a picnic outside Cook Hall before rehearsal.
The squirrels on campus are too friendly for our liking! One climbed the trees above us and threw stuff at us!
I love these girls!
silly sisters
The audition results were posted at 5:20. Sylvia didn't want to come back outside and tell me if she made it or not, so I went in quickly to see the list for myself. SHE MADE IT!!!!!!
There was much excitement as rehearsal ended at 6:45! Sylvia's teacher says she is doing great things on the cello for only 3 months of lessons! It's exciting how much she enjoys it!
It will be fun for both girls to be in the same ensemble now! (This will be Annah's last year in SP, as it only goes through 8th grade.)
I took the girls to Culver's for some celebratory snacks and pumpkin custard treats!




No comments:
Post a Comment