Annah finally has her first Scholastic Bowl meet this evening. (She would have had a few already, but...snow days and cancellations happened instead.) She is enjoying this new challenge. She is having to sacrifice some violin lessons in order to be part of practices and meets over the next few months, and is doing some extra sitting and waiting at school since we can't always get to her right when practice and meets are over. Honestly, this is a difficult adjustment for Momma, but we are hoping it will be a positive growing experience for Annah.
We're only a few months into this parenting a teenager thing, and I'm already feeling inadequate. This week she secretly gave herself bangs. It doesn't seem like a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but other things had control of my emotions when I found out and I knew I wouldn't react well. I chose not to discuss it or deal with it right away. By the time Jeremy got home that evening, I had also discovered she had broken some of the email rules we've set. Fortunately, Jeremy handled it without me even asking him to--and with much more caution, gentleness, and love than I could have in the moment.


No comments:
Post a Comment