We had a great time at the Quiz in Sterling today!
Caeden quizzed in the Blue Level for the first time today, so the three of our kids got to sit next to each other. I was a scorekeeper for the row behind them, so I was able to watch all 3 of them quiz. Jeremy had a spot where he could see them well too. They were cool as cucumbers today.
PoC had 7 quizzers today, and they all did GREAT! Little Liam did his first quiz ever, and placed in the Top 10 Red Level. Karly received 2nd place in Blue. Savanna and Sierra each had a perfect round and were in the top 14 Blue.
There were 8 NWIL quizzers who had a "perfect quiz," and Annah, Sylvia, and Caeden were among them! So, these 14 kids all received 1st place today. What an exciting day! We praise God for helping us learn His word!
Yesterday, Caeden called something a "whatchamacallit," and I mentioned something about the candy bar. He didn't realize there was a Whatchamacallit candy bar, so we looked it up online to see if they still made them. (I haven't had one or really paid attention to see them in years.) I mentioned to Jeremy that Caed and I were talking about Whatchamacallits, and how I told Caeden that Daddy and I used to eat them in high school. So, when we stopped to get gas and a carwash, Jeremy picked up 3 for the kids to try their first Whatchamacallit. They thought they were "amazing," of course.
This evening, while Jeremy was setting up at church, the kids wanted to play a game. (Sylvia and Caeden were not allowed any screens this weekend, because they were disrespectful and whined against eating their supper one night this week.) So they decided to learn how to play Scrabble. They discovered that it is pretty tough if you use short words, but decided that they liked it. Caeden even said, "I can see that we're going to have a lot of good memories playing this game!"





No comments:
Post a Comment