This evening, the kids were finishing up memorizing the last of their 20 Bible verses for Quizzing. They can read them in their Quizzing book, which the girls do, and Annah even wrote all of them out twice to help her learn them. And, they have a CD with a catchy repetitive song for each verse. So, they learn them quickly and pretty easily. Caeden, though he is becoming an excellent reader, learns his verses almost completely from listening to the CD and me reciting it and him repeating it back.
So, this evening, he was working hard to remember the 23rd Psalm. (They have memorized the entire chapter!! I'm so excited!) He whipped right through it, and when he got to the end, he said, "And I will twirl in the house of the Lord forever!"
I laughed and grinned, and almost hesitated to explain that it was 'dwell' instead of twirl, and what that meant. I thought it was such beautiful example of a child's image of God and what he would really like to do forever in His house!
No comments:
Post a Comment