I seem to have some kind of curse, whereupon I kill a computer every 3 years or less. I really don't abuse them, but Jeremy is convinced it's me doing something to them. Seriously, we have had to get a new computer every 2-3 years since we've been married. It's not good for the finances.
We have always had PC's, and our most recent HP Pavilion laptop was doing very well for us for almost 3 years...until about 6 weeks ago. It decided to start up and not open anything. Upon having a knowledgable friend look at the computer and research said problem, we found that it was no longer under warranty and that we would need another new computer.Upon the suggestion of many friends, and a few trips to Best Buy, we were repeatedly encouraged to look into Macintosh computers. The fact that we use our home computer mostly for photo editing, wanted to get into saving/editing digital videos, and needed it to last longer than 3 years kept pointing us in the direction of a Mac. Once we started looking at them, I was very impressed. They are so much more compatible to everything now than they were when I last used them in college for music. There are little things to learn, but overall...so easy.
So, after a lot of questions and consideration, Jeremy brought home our iMac this evening. I am really excited, and can't wait to get caught up on editing photos from the last 2 months.
They say, "Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!" We'll see how it goes...!
No comments:
Post a Comment