Krampa has been busy re-roofing and re-siding the workshop in the barnyard, and came across this strange bug in the wood and sawdust today. It looks like it's a little pile of sawdust--until it moves! So wild! Have you ever seen anything like it?! We sure hadn't!
We went to our favorite spot, the Quiet Corner Tea Room, today. We planned to just have tea and look for a couple geocaches, but ended up arriving just at lunchtime. So we ate lunch too. Such a lovely place.
We did a little more geocaching with Gram today. This was the coolest find we've made yet! And the kids thought the SWAG was the best too! Caeden was the only one of us that could reach it...
Another cool find...
We also stopped in the teeny-tiny town of Collins, IN, because my mom was telling me there was a community center there, and I hadn't known it. The kids thought the playground was very nice, and loved the merry-go-round. I was telling Mom that it looked a lot like the one that had been on the 'Busco playground when we were growing up. I'd posted this picture on Facebook, and a friend who grew up in Collins saw it and said, in fact, it IS the very merry-go-round from the school!
We visited Great Grandma Crabill, and Caeden couldn't wait to go down to the basement to play. It's neat to see the kids enjoy playing with all the same toys my cousins and I enjoyed there while we were growing up!
Grandma showed us the invitation to the Zeigler reunion, which included this, her mom's recipe for Spice Cake. I got a kick out of the fact that it calls for 2-3 cups of lard! I wouldn't even know where to buy lard, and can't imagine that much lard in a cake!! Whew!




No comments:
Post a Comment