Annah and Sylvia finished their school year this morning with 40 minutes at school, each as one of 7 students in their classes who actually showed up to get their report cards in person and give their teachers hugs. (I don't get why Illinois schools bother running the buses for a few kids to go to school for a few minutes, but whatever!) I think they would have been sad for school to end, except that they've known for a while that they had something to look forward to...
Yesterday, Gram & Krampa came over to bring us back to their house, and we made the trek today in the rain.
As soon as we arrived, we had to check out Krampa's new chickens!
.jpg)
There are 35 of them, and they are actually pretty cool looking, for chickens.
.jpg)
As we checked out the new stump "seats" where my favorite willow trees used to stand, this little bugger slithered in front of me...ew! Once Dad identified it as a garter snake, I knew I could get close enough to snap him close up. Even got him sticking his tongue out at me!
.jpg)
Next stop...the strawberry patch! We had the honor of picking Krampa's first strawberries...Mmmm!
.jpg)
We're so excited to be here, and really looking forward to some fun and relaxing times!
Yesterday, Gram & Krampa came over to bring us back to their house, and we made the trek today in the rain.
As soon as we arrived, we had to check out Krampa's new chickens!
.jpg)
There are 35 of them, and they are actually pretty cool looking, for chickens.
.jpg)
As we checked out the new stump "seats" where my favorite willow trees used to stand, this little bugger slithered in front of me...ew! Once Dad identified it as a garter snake, I knew I could get close enough to snap him close up. Even got him sticking his tongue out at me!
.jpg)
Next stop...the strawberry patch! We had the honor of picking Krampa's first strawberries...Mmmm!
.jpg)
We're so excited to be here, and really looking forward to some fun and relaxing times!
1 comment:
oooo I got the shivers looking at that snake.. he is Mr. Sneaky Id say!
Im glad you had such a great start to the summer break with your parents and the family reunion. Looks like ya'll had a blast!!!
Post a Comment