Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quarantine Slumber "Party"

Jeremy got to work this morning and shortly thereafter started feeling baaaaad and realized he was coming down with a nasty stomach flu. He came home and spent all day upstairs in bed and bathroom. While I checked in on him from time to time and got him whatever he needed, we tried to stay faaaaaar away from him and his sick germs. I'm still not sure he's feeling better yet.

So, the kids and I decided we needed to sleep downstairs. The three of them are in the guestroom--girls in the bed, and Caeden excitedly sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor for the first time ever.

Before I tucked them all in, Sylvia read Caeden's library book as their bedtime story.
(So neat to see her do that!) They were all very attentive!


For the past hour, I heard several, "Moooo-om, she's...Mooo-om, he's...making noises...keeping me awake..." and a bit ago, Caeden came out of the room saying he didn't like sleeping on the floor and that the sleeping bag was all unzipped and velcroed. I checked it, and he had undone everything on it he could. I zipped it all back up and added a thick, folded up afghan underneat the pile of 4 other blankets. He climed in and said, "Ahhhhhhhhhh, that's ALL better!" and went right to sleep. I'll be on the couch myself, praying Jeremy feels better soon and the rest of us won't come down with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment