Sunday, June 1, 2008
Concert for a Clavinova
Today I had the honor of being part of a concert "back home" where I grew up in Indiana. Many alumni were asked to sing or play a piece from a movie (I sang, The Sound of Music.), and the concert was to raise money to buy the local elementary music department a new clavinova. It turned out to be a very nice concert, and it was so nice to see so many friends and talents that have come out of our little school. I didn't realize until after the concert, that the reason the community chose to put together this concert is because part of the school administration is not in support of funding the arts at the school anymore. (Okay, basically one "important" person is not.) Anyway, I am so glad that the community of Churubusco supports the arts and realizes the importance of music in students' lives!! Hopefully the concert and other efforts by the people of the community will keep music in the school district for a long time to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment