Tuesday, November 20, 2007

just our goings-on of late

I'm not sure what I'm here to write about, but felt it was time for an update of some kind. I don't even have any new pictures to add!

Caeden has been talking about school a lot lately. He doesn't go to preschool, but he has been talking like he does. A lot. All day long he'll say, "Mommy at school today we..." or "Oh yeah...We did (whatever he feels like making up) at school today." He talks to other people about his school experiences too, and they think he's telling the truth; it sounds like he actually does whatever he says he did! Silly kid.

Sylvia is really loving school now. She is happy to go, and runs to me when I get there to show me what she made and tell me about the most fun things she did. I'm so glad she loves it! She's been working on writing and learning how to spell words she uses a lot. She can write all our names now, and 'I love you.' and she taught herself how to draw hearts a few days ago. Now she makes dozens of little notes to me every day with her words and cute pictures. Such treasures! I wish I had room to keep them all!

Annah is doing better, I think. We are all still tired and not getting quite as much rest as we should, but we made up a little of it over the weekend. Annah was very excited that she did well on her worrisome mile test last Friday. She told us that she came in 7th place in the whole 1st grade! (And I think she said 3rd out of the girls.) Since she is the daughter of a completely unathletic mommy, I am elated for her! She must have some of her daddy's athletic ability! ;)

Jeremy is busy writing performance evaluations for his employees this week. It's always a stressful time for him. He's working on them now, hoping to finish them tonight so he won't have to think about them during the holiday weekend.

We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving!! It will be so nice to see family members we haven't seen for a while, and spend time catching up, and eating lots of yummies too! ;)

I'm excited about a special service I'm helping plan for December 2nd at church. My very talented friend Lisa and I are doing a piano duet service! A second grand piano has been rented for the week, and we are busy planning and practicing! I still don't know if I really consider myself a real pianist, but I am really enjoying this opportunity! I hope others will enjoy it too!

I'm off... Wishing you all a very blessed, bountiful, peaceful Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment