Saturday, November 10, 2007

Girls' Night Out with Sylvie!

Sylvia and I got to have a "date" this evening--just the 2 of us! First we went to Toys 'R' Us and used the gift card Santa gave her last year. She wanted the Barbie Island Princess Barbie, but cost $20. (Her card was for $10.) So, she chose the DVD instead, which happened to be on sale for $9.99! She could not have been happier!!
When Sylvie is really, really happy about something, she often tries to hide her smile. I could see she was doing that, and then she just grinned and said, "I'm so happy!



I told Sylvia she could choose between going shopping and out to dinner, or going to see Bee Movie. She chose the movie, and it was her first time to see a movie in the theatre! She thought everything was really cool--the way they ripped the tickets, the tiled bathroom, the big snack counters, the flip-down seats, the huge screen...It was all new and exciting for her to take in. I had so much fun being there with her seeing things through her "first time" eyes!





The "monster" sized bag of popcorn and huge Sprite were a hit too!
I thought the movie was really cute. Sylvie was a little extra tired from missing nap, and thought a few parts of the movie were a little scary. I think overall, though, she enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment