Today was our All-Church Picnic & Hogroast! Jeremy was dubbed "Master of All Things Pig-Related" for the event. (He was a little freaked out by that name, I think!) He and Larry spent a few nights over the last few weeks building and preparing the roaster. Then yesterday, Jeremy got off work early, drove to his Dad's shop in Indiana, picked up the hog, drove back here... I think he got back to our house around 10:30 p.m. Then he went right into town after grabbing a few last-minute items for the all-night roasting party.
Some great guys from church met up with him and helped him roast the hog. They allowed 12 hours for it to roast and put it on around 1:00 a.m., I think. But, it was done in 7 hours. Jeremy got to come home and have a 30-minute nap and a shower before the picnic.

The picnic was a huge success!

There was a great turn-out, fun games, TONS of food, great weather...we had a super-good time! It seemed everyone did.

And, the hog was yuummmy! I was really proud of Jeremy and all he did to make the hogroast a success. He's upstairs having a well-deserved snooze now.


No comments:
Post a Comment