This morning as Annah went out the door for the bus, she saw it round the corner to pick up the kids at the stop before hers, and said, "Oh! The bus is coming!" I told her she had plenty of time and didn't need to run, but she did anyway and got there and waited. As she was waiting, I saw her realize she had forgotten her lunch box and go into a panic. I ran for it, but didn't have shoes on or time to get it to her before the bus left. I knew she would be panicked, so I prayed that the Lord would help her not to worry. I decided I would take it to her after I dropped Sylvia off at school, and I went to dry my hair.
A minute later, Sylvia came running into the bathroom saying, "Mom! You need to get Annah's lunchbox and take it to her; she's waiting at the front door!" Oh crud! She didn't get on the bus? I picked up the lunchbox and ran to the door. Annah was standing there with tears streaming down her face, and the BUS was out on the road waiting for her!!!
As I gave Annah her lunch, I yelled to Miss Vicki, "God bless you for doing that! I was going to take it to her!" I couldn't believe she had gone around the block and come back to let Annah off! She said, "She was a little hysterical!!" and I thanked her again and yelled, "I love you Annah!" to my poor little girl as she crossed the street to get on the bus again.
------------------------------------------
This evening was Sylvia's preschool Christmas program, with a theme of Winter Wonderland. The kids all wore snowman baseball caps (Sylvie was so excited to wear a ponytail and stick it through the back of her hat, but it turned out that we couldn't see her eyes for most of the program because of it!) and white t-shirts with big black "buttons" drawn on the fronts and their names written on the backs. Some also wore some winter gear, so of course Sylvia chose to wear her boots! (Our kids LOVE their boots, and wear them any chance they get!!)
The kids sang several Christmas songs, some of them in unintentional 4-part "rounds." It was very cute.
When the kids were done singing, Santa made a surprise appearance! He took the time to let all 26 of the preschool students sit on his lap and talk about their Christmas lists!! Sylvia told him she wants a princess yoyo and that's all.
Thursday, December 14, 2006 - our happy little snowgirl
No comments:
Post a Comment