Friday, August 18, 2006

Some random things...


I think we are officially past the "playpen days." I put Caeden in his a couple mornings ago and went to take a shower...About one minute later, he was peeking around the shower curtain! So...I can no longer contain him that way! It's kind of a big deal to me, because it means I have to get up early (before he does) and shower, and I have to be even more vigilant of him all the time because I can't just stick him in there when I need to run down to the basement or out to the garage or something similar. How come God made kids able to climb out of places that are made to keep them enclosed before they have the discretion to stay out of things they aren't supposed to touch?!

We went to the kiddie pool at State Farm Park again yesterday with the Stambaughs. The kids had fun, but I think it was the last time at the pool for this year; the water was really cold!!

I am trying to teach myself how to use Mambo (an Open Source Content Management System). It is fairly difficult and quite time-consuming, but I am enjoying it. I was asked to learn it in order to design a site for a new church plant our church is doing. Until now I never would have considered learning it because of some of its drawbacks, but I am excited to take on the challenge! If have experience with Mambo (or a similar program), please contact me! I would love to pick your brain about it!

Caeden got new shoes and he looks like such a big boy in them! He grew 2 sizes over the summer, and now requires an extra wide shoe. When I was putting them on him the other day, he called them his "chocolate shoes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment