Monday, April 3, 2006

Spring Break


Of course, it is storm-time again here on the Illinois prairie where we live. We have already seen evidence of tornado damage from 2 different storms this spring--both very near to our home. In mid-March we spent some time in the basement in the middle of the night trying to get the kids to sleep while we were down there. And, last night, while we didn't have power for about 8 hours, some neighbors 4.7 miles from us had a machine shed and three concrete silos flattened and scattered all over the place. I drove by (Well, not by because I couldn't get through the road since it was covered with debris.) this morning and was amazed by the damage. Thankfully for them, their house was untouched. But, it is scary living out here in this flat, windy land sometimes!

Last week, Annah was on spring break from school, so at the last minute we decided the kids and I would go to Indiana. Mom came over on Tuesday and took us back on Wednesday. We had a nice, relaxing time! Annah got to go fishing and tree-planting with Krampa and Uncle Travis. And, both girls helped Krampa plant peas in his garden.







Sylvia was thrilled to have a tea party with Gram. And, I got to do some scrapbook supply shopping--always a treat for me! ;) Jeremy joined us on Saturday, and we visited with Grandpa & Grandma Lopshire and Great Grandma DeHaven that evening too. In fact, we saw all 3 of the Great Grandma's over the weekend! That was a special treat.

Some funnies...

When Gram and I were putting the girls to bed Thursday night, Krampa appeared in the doorway. Sylvia looked at him and asked, "Do you have a baby in your tummy?" As I scrambled to explain that his tummy was just full, Krampa just gave Sylvie a hug and kiss and laughed and laughed! He even shared the story with his classes on Friday; he was so proud. ;)

When Annah was fishing with Krampa and Uncle Trav, Krampa accidentally got his fishing lure stuck in a tree. Annah told him, "It's okay Krampa, Bill Dance does that too." I'm sure Krampa about jumped out of his socks upon hearing that Annah knew who Bill Dance was! (A relative recently sent us a funny video clip of Bill Dance bloopers and Annah watched it with us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment