We are done with the "shut-off" now. It was very interesting...I'm not sure how really successful I was in focusing a lot more time on God, but I did do a lot of realizing about things. I did manage to go all week without turning on the computer, the TV, or the radio. (It was so hard!!!!!!!!!) All of us went without TV, including the kids, which is (sadly) a small miracle in itself!) I did spend a lot of time thinking about what I could be doing on the computer, and wishing I could watch TV. It really made me realize my misuse of these things--in that I spend a lot of time doing these things that are mostly mindless, when I could be doing something worthwhile. So, my hope is to change the wasted moments into ones of worth. I did spend a bit more time in the Word and in prayer and in practicing my music for this morning's service than I usually do, which was positive in a lot of ways. And, I spent more time reading to the kids and we all played a board game together every night. Our family operated more smoothly, and our house is cleaner too! So, it was definitely a beneficial experiment, and I am thankful God challenged me to it. Hopefully, I will keep it fresh in my mind and remember what a difference it made, and continue in that way...
No comments:
Post a Comment