Tuesday, October 12, 2004

False Alarm

We thought I might be in labor last night. I started feeling really icky around 4:30 yesterday, and was still feeling that way at bedtime. We both had a hard time getting to sleep because we were anxious, and didn't want to fall asleep only to have to get up to go to the hospital. But, I wasn't having regular contractions. I felt better when I woke up this morning, then had another period of feeling icky. But, right now (afternoon) I am feeling okay. I was thinking I would go into labor really really soon, but now I don't know.

I did go to the doctor this morning. I am still at 3 cm and 50% effaced. But, I suppose if I were any more dilated than that, I would definitely be in labor. So...I made an appointment for next Tuesday, but I'm really hoping I won't have to go!

--------

Sunday night, Annah decided she was going to put a diaper on Elmo, and she did it with no instructions from anyone. We were so impressed; we told her she gets to change all of the baby's diapers! She said, "Okay! But, I'm not going to wipe its bottom." As Annah continued to play diaper-change with Elmo, Sylvia began to announce that Elmo had a "stinky pooey!" Since then, "stinky pooey" has been one of her favorite phrases for the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment