Thursday, June 21, 2001

Endings and Beginnings

Tuesday was my last day of work at Capital.  I still haven't realized  that I'm not going back, and I actually hope I don't until after we leave Columbus!  The Admission Staff had a nice farewell reception for me Tuesday afternoon, and gave me a gorgeous oak frame for my diploma with a mat embossed with the Capital University seal.   It is very much appreciated and will look great in the new house!  Though the reception was to say farewell, my heart will always be at "Cap."  So, even though I won't be there every day anymore, I fees even more of a tie to the university and the "Cap Family" since I worked there for two years after graduating.         
Tuesday night we drove halfway to Illinois, and stayed on the west side of Indianapolis.  We got up early Wednesday morning and went the rest of the way to Bloomington.  We went to SF's main Corporate Office building to have some papers signed and notarized.  It was Annah's and myfirst time in the building, and we were amazed!  It is BIG!
        

From there we went out to the house for the walk-through.  The Sullivan's were still there doing some last minute things, but said they had finally gotten all of their things moved out around 9:00 Tuesday night.  They can't move into their new house in Wisconsin until the very end of August, so they have 2 storage areas filled in Wisconsin, 2 apartments rented in a town near Arrowsmith, and one room filled at their new house because the current owner let them put some things there.  We are fortunate that they were willing to move out at all to let us move in!  We walked through the house, and though it was empty, we still felt at home.  And, we were able to notice more neat things about it.  We can't wait to move in next week!!!!
        

Annah did fairly well during the trip, although she had a hard time sleeping at the hotel Tuesday night.  And, when we were bout 1 1/2 hours away from home on our way back, she realized that she was sick and tired of being in her carseat!  Hey, she lasted through about 13 hours or more of in-the-car time!  We'd say that's probably more than the average adult can endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment