Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Springboard

Sylvia had her freshman "Springboard" orientation at SIUe today, and I had the privilege of going with her. One of the first parts of the day was signing the big class of 2025 banner that will hang in the campus center.


Right away, students and parents were separated for their own sessions. Of course, one of the first parent sessions was "Paying for College."  It is a big deal.

Most of the information wasn't totally new to me, but when there were useful slides during the presentations I took photos.






I had lunch with Sylvia, and she had 2 friends from her orientation group with her, then we separated back out for the rest of the afternoon.  I took a campus tour, got to see a room in the dorm she will live in, and watched a video about Edwardsville--which seems like a really lovely city!


The campus is absolutely beautiful and includes forests, nature preserves, gardens, trails, and lots of opportunities to enjoy nature.


There are also many large permanent art pieces on the campus, which are very interesting.
 

The Engineering building is very impressive.

While Sylvia met with her Honors Program advisor to schedule her classes for fall, I took advantage of the 15% in the bookstore and got some gear for Sylvia and the guys.

All finished and checking out from the library...

We stopped at Sylvia's favorite--Crackerbarrel--in Springfield on the way home so she could get her favorite--potroast!

I'm so thankful to have had this day with my girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment