I apologize to the three of you who actually check in on this blog anymore! I thought I'd offer a bit of an explanation of the mess it has become this year.
First of all, Blogger has completely changed its format over the past many months, and I've struggled with getting photos to show up for months. Now I can't find any of the options of posting photos that guarantee they won't disappear. So, that's frustrating!
Secondly, the kids are getting older and don't like me taking photos of them all the time. Also, I don't feel that their stories are mine to tell as much any more.
Also, I try to stick with mostly positive stories, and that's been kind of a struggle since March.
And...this happened. That has wrecked us for the past month. I had a whole post written up but, I won't expound on it any more here...
...except to say that I am now preparing at the last minute and for the first time to teach music full-time in school--and under COVID restrictions! I must be totally crazy! I am glad I can be a familiar face for the students. I will be kindergarten through 5th grade general music as well as junior high and high school choir.
The kids helped me decorate a bulletin board in the classroom yesterday with old records, cassette tapes, and cd's I found in the room.
That doesn't leave me much time or mental energy for blogging, or crochet, or much else right now.
To update on the rest of us:
Jeremy is still working from home for the foreseeable future. Annah is scheduled to move in at SIUe this coming Friday and start classes the following Monday. Sylvia is really excited to start her senior year, weird as it may be. Caeden is in desperate need of going back to school in-person, and will be starting his sophomore year this coming Friday.
These past 5 months have felt like a continuous emotional pounding in a lot of ways, but we are hanging on to Jesus. We have come to understand more than ever that He is our only source of Hope and Truth!
No comments:
Post a Comment