Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day

Today was Father's Day. 

Caeden sang Jeremy an impromptu improvised original song while he was playing Fortnite.



Sylvia camped out upstairs in her room and sewed herself a skirt with fabric Gram gifted her.

I made grilled cheese for supper. (I did make a nice lunch!) 
Annah and I have recently been discussing whether it is better to butter the bread or the pan when making grilled cheese. Over the years, I've come to decide that if the butter is already softened I like to butter and stack all the bread I will need while the pan is getting hot.  If the butter is cold I put a couple pats in the pan and when it is hot I put the sandwich into the hot butter in the pan.

I like that whenever I fold kitchen towels and dishrags now I think of Annah since she noticed I needed new ones and gave me some nice ones for Christmas.

We didn't give Jeremy gifts for Father's Day, other than lunch and hugs. But this week we are getting a big installation in the house and that will be a gift to all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment