Monday, July 13, 2020

Entry Way Progress

Back in May, I wrote a bit about how I was trying to finish the entry way project that's been going on in our tiny entry way for YEARS. 

At the beginning of June, Shannon had texted Jeremy about coming over to do some work in there that was the next step. We were at my parents' but [unbeknownst to me] Jeremy told Shannon to go ahead and let himself in to the house if he wanted to. So Shannon and Dawn spent their day at our house working!  Dawn sent me this photo later of Shannon's things spread out on our front porch.

When we got home, Jeremy and Sylvia went in first and he got her to take a video of me coming in and being completely surprised.

I had a little bit of staining and sealing to do on the shelf and trim pieces that Shannon put in, but it was a quick and easy part of the project.


After looking at dozens of solar lanterns, I finally found a really good deal on some white plastic ones at Menard's. (It was an interesting adventure for me to drive into the lumber yard with the contractors and pick up my little lanterns, haha!) But I love what they add to the space.


Especially at night!


I put some tap lights under the shelf to add some more light 
when we actually need to see something in the space.


I love this space now, and I love it even more because of these dear friends! It was all Dawn's design and vision and Shannon's handiwork that made it come to life! We love sharing life with these friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment